Dr. Scott Harris, DMD
Before Dr. Harris fulfilled his dream of becoming a dentist, he was a police officer in Alberta and Saskatchewan for six years. Then with a family of six, dedication and perseverance he returned to school and completed his DMD from the University of Saskatchewan.
Dr. Harris continually strives for excellence as he studies and implements the new dental technology. His vision is to provide an environment of ease and education while caring for his patients. When he is not busy at symmetry dental working with his team, he gives of his time to his loving wife and six children. He also volunteers each week for organized youth recreational activities and attends to the Kootenay Ice Hockey team with Dr. Taraskiewicz.
Dentist Education / Area of Focus
- Graduated from University of Saskatchewan College of Dentistry
- Completed Core Curriculum, Las Vegas Institute (LVI Global)
- Core I: Advanced Functional Dentistry – The Power of Physiologic Based Dentistry
- Core II: Orthotic Maintenance, Adjustment and Essential Reconstructive Technique
- Core III: Mastering Dynamic Adhesion in Complex Reconstructive Cases
- Core IV: Advanced Principles, Case Stabilization and bite Transfer in The Neuromuscular Practice
- Core V: Comprehensive Aesthetic Occlusal Reconstruction
- Core VI: Coronoplasty and Case Finishing
- Core VII: Full Mouth Reconstruction
- Advanced Occlusion, Esthetics
- Neuromuscular Treatment of TMDesthetic anterior and full mouth rehabilitation
- Orthodontics including Invisalign
- Sleep Apnea and snoring solutions
- Team dentist for the Kootenay Ice; Trauma and sports related injuries
- Member of IAO, Member of IAPA
Dr. Jake Taraskiewicz, DMD
Dr. Jake Taraskiewcz grew up in Wisconsin and Colorado and married a native British Columbian who introduced him to the beautiful Canadian Rockies. She stuck with him in the states for his schooling where they had their four children. They always knew they wanted to live near the mountains, so when they discovered the hidden gem of Cranbrook, they decided to come and settle down here.
Dr. Taraskiewicz received his Bachelors of Science in Biology from BYU- Idaho. He went on to receive his Master of Arts in Biomedical Sciences from Midwestern University College of Health Sciences in Glendale, AX, then completed his Doctor of Dental Medicine degree from Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine in Downers Grove, IL.
Dr. Taraskiewicz and his family enjoy attending local farmer's markets, swimming and kayaking at the lake, going on hikes, camping, and just spending time together outdoors. Dr. Taraskiewicz is an avid golfer, big sports fan, and is embracing the great culture that the beautiful Kootenay Rockies have to offer.
Dr. Taraskiewicz has a love and passion for all aspects of dentistry that he hopes to share with his patients.